Welcome

Everyday our lives are so busy with so many obligations. For example, those of us that are married, need time with our spouses to cultivate a relationship that will last. Then there are the needs of our children, the pets, the household chores, other relationships (family and friends), work, church activities, social functions, and school work, etc. How do we manage all these demands and still find the time to pray and read God's word so that our spiritual man can be fed and grow stronger. This is one of the questions that I always ask myself. I hope this blog will help make it easier to balance our busy lives so that we can make the time needed to be the person that God desires us to be. May I be a blessing to you.

The Sand Dollar Legend

The Sand Dollar Legend
Upon this odd-shaped seashell a legend grand is told, about the life of Jesus, that wondrous tale of old. At its center you will see, there seems to be a star, like the one that led the shepherds and wise men from afar. Around its surface are the marks of nails and thorns and spear, suffered by Christ upon the cross; the wounds show plainly here. But there is also an Easter lily, clear for us to see, the symbol of Christ's resurrection for all eternity.

Monday, November 15, 2010

I Am The Lord that Healeth Thee

After recently having some medical tests done, I faced a crisis where the dreaded "C" word was mentioned by my doctor. She stated, "The tests revealed some cancer cells and we need to get you in here right away to take a further look." After she told me this, I do not recall what else was said because all that I could hear was "You have cancer and you know what that means." In one split second, my world was turned upside down and I was paddling hard to stay afloat.

I felt the tears start to run down my cheeks and I was at a loss for words. In the silence of my room as the sun went down, I tried to suppress the negative thoughts that ran through my mind. Then from somewhere on the inside of me, I felt the spark of hope rise up. I felt a glimmer of faith begin to build and in a whispered voice I proclaimed, "This is only a test and He will be with me."

After that I put my face to the wall and I prayed. I meditated on the promises of God and concentrated on Psalm 118:17, "I shall live and not die, but proclaim the works of my God." I called on my closest Christian friends to stand with me and believe God for my healing miracle.

After that more medical tests were done. As I waited for the results, I kept my thoughts on what God had promised me in His word and I thanked Him for my healing.

When the final test results came back, there were no cancer cells in my body. Once again, God had shown Himself strong on my behalf. I am so thankful for His mercy and loving-kindness towards me.

I am here to encourage you if you are struggling with health issues, trust Him for you healing. If God can heal me, He can heal you too. He is no respecter of persons and wants what is best for His children. Psalm 91:16 states, "With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." God is concerned about your health and wants to see you well. Call upon the Lord and ask for a healing miracle, thank Him and watch what He will do on your behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment