Welcome

Everyday our lives are so busy with so many obligations. For example, those of us that are married, need time with our spouses to cultivate a relationship that will last. Then there are the needs of our children, the pets, the household chores, other relationships (family and friends), work, church activities, social functions, and school work, etc. How do we manage all these demands and still find the time to pray and read God's word so that our spiritual man can be fed and grow stronger. This is one of the questions that I always ask myself. I hope this blog will help make it easier to balance our busy lives so that we can make the time needed to be the person that God desires us to be. May I be a blessing to you.

The Sand Dollar Legend

The Sand Dollar Legend
Upon this odd-shaped seashell a legend grand is told, about the life of Jesus, that wondrous tale of old. At its center you will see, there seems to be a star, like the one that led the shepherds and wise men from afar. Around its surface are the marks of nails and thorns and spear, suffered by Christ upon the cross; the wounds show plainly here. But there is also an Easter lily, clear for us to see, the symbol of Christ's resurrection for all eternity.

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Lost Gemstone

Imagine receiving as a gift a handcrafted piece of jewelry that is one of a kind. An irreplaceable piece that can never be replicated; it is a work of art, special and precious. Anyone receiving such a gift would be elated.

Now imagine wearing it for the first time and before the day is out, a single tiny gemstone wiggles out of the setting an falls off.

This is what happened to me. I received such a gift and in one single moment, it went from being a spectacular piece that could be shown off for others to admire, to a defective piece that no one would consider wearing again, because the flaws were to obvious.

I can only tell you that when this happened to me, I was heartsick at having lost one tiny gemstone. I searched high and low for the missing gemstone, but I could not even begin to imagine where I may have dropped it. I backtracked to every place that I had traveled throughout that day. I walked around with my head hung down looking for a clue, a sparkle, anything that would help me recover the missing gemstone. I crawled on the floor. I looked under, behind and around furniture. I even enlisted the help of my friends, to no avail. The tiny gemstone was gone forever.

That night as I lay on my bed to sleep, the thoughts of the missing gemstone swirled inside my head and I had a sad countenance. I closed my eyes and then I heard a still small voice on the inside of me say, "Do you trust me enough to believe that I can do anything?" I knew it was God speaking to me and I replied, "Lord I trust you." Then I prayed and asked God to give me peace over the situation and to take the sadness from me. After that I drifted of to sleep.

The next day, I went about doing all the things that I had planned without thinking about the missing gemstone. As my work day ended I walked up the street to catch my bus home. As I stood there waiting, I looked down and in the dirty crevices of the sidewalk, I noticed something shiny peeking through. I bent down and with my finger moved the loose dirt and there I saw the tiny gemstone that I had lost. I had to smile because once again God was showing me that every detail of my life is important to Him.

From this experience my faith was reinforced with the knowledge that nothing is impossible for my God, if I will only believe and trust Him. I learned that He loves me so much that even the minute things of my life are His concern. If He is interested in me, how much more will He be concerned about you and your situation. Trust Him and see how much you mean to Him and you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment